This pecan pie recipe is a holiday favorite from Food Bank Executive Director Paul Ash’s “Family Cookbook.” It’s from the kitchen of Paul’s mom, Lenora Ford Ash, affectionately known as”Nodie” and “Nana” to her family.
Paul and his family always look forward to sharing this scrumptious pie. We encourage your family to try it this holiday season, too!
- 3 Tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten well
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 nine-inch pie shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until firm.
Want more recipes? Sign up for our eNewsletter and get our favorite recipes delivered right to your inbox with monthly Food Bank news.