Host an Event
Thank you for selecting the Food Bank as the beneficiary of your event!
We depend on our friends and supporters to help raise funds and spread the word about hunger in our community. By designating us as the beneficiary of your event, you're taking a concrete step toward ending hunger in San Francisco and Marin.
Whether your event is big or small, every dollar counts — because we turn every $1 you donate into $6 worth of food.
- Run a promotion at your business, such as giving a percentage of your profits on a particular item or items to the Food Bank.
- Host a dinner party, potluck, or happy hour and ask your guests to donate the amount they would have normally spent at a restaurant.
- Run a fund drive at your office or with a group of friends. Learn how to start a Food & Fund Drive.
- Ask friends and family to donate to the Food Bank in lieu of wedding, birthday or Bar/Bat mitzvah gifts. Learn how to create an online donation form.
- Construct centerpieces out of non-perishable food items that will be donated after the event.
Register Your Event
Please download the event application and return it to us via email, regular mail or fax so that we can review your application. We will contact you within seven business days to let you know if we can approve your event’s affiliation with the Food Bank. Once your application is approved, we can send you a copy of our logo and post information about your event on our web site. Please note: Food Bank staff must approve all logo usage prior to publication or printing.
For more information contact our Special Events Manager or call 415-282-1907 x380.
Create You Own Donation Form
To create a personalized web page with an online donation form, you can use our Food & Fund Drive online tools. That way, you can circulate the information to your friends and collect donations for the Food Bank online. Learn how to create your own Food & Fund Drive donation page.