One Big Table information
Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
at the Food Bank warehouse located at 900 Pennsylvania Ave, San Francisco
Hosted by Tyler Florence, Chef and Food Network star
How your support will benefit our community
The Food Bank’s mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. Every year we provide fresh fruits and vegetables, packaged goods, and high-protein items to thousands of low-income adults, seniors, and children. This food reaches our neighbors through a network of 450 community partners with food programs, including our own network of over 240 weekly farmers’ market style pantries.
With the funds raised at One Big Table, we will be able to continue:
- Nourishing more than 147,000 people each week through our programs
- Deliver over 46 million pounds of food throughout San Francisco and Marin, more than 60% of which is fresh produce direct from the farm
- Distribute enough food for 105,000 meals each and every day
- Provide 30,000 households with wholesome groceries at our pantries each week
- Support 11,000 children with fresh, healthy snacks in the classroom each school day
- Partner with 450 community organizations that rely on us to supply their meal, snack and grocery programs
- Offer 240 farmers’ market-style pantries that provide foods people can use to prepare healthy meals in their own homes
For more information, contact Rachel Breuer, Special Events Manager, at email@example.com or (415) 282-1907 x380.